Notice to Briarcliff & Thornewood Subdivisions
May 06, 2020
Notice to Homeowners in Briarcliff and Thornewood Subdivisions
The Village of Mahomet, as the governing body with oversight of the public right of way, have permitted Campus Communication Group (CCG) to bore in new fiber optic lines in your subdivision.
Please be aware that J.U.L.I.E. law requires utilities to locate what they own and operate. Sangamon Valley Public Water District (SVPWD) owns the water and sewer mains only. Therefore, SVPWD will locate the water main but not the service line to your home.
SVPWD has clearly informed CCG that they are responsible for protecting your water service line.
If damage occurs to your service line during boring construction you will need to contact the CCG, and not SVPWD.
*CCG’s tentative construction schedule below.
Campus Communications Group
CCG Support: 217-353-3045 (this is a dedicated resource not for troubleshooting technical problems)
CCG Tech Support: 1-888-799-7249
If you have specific questions for SVPWD, please reach out to us with the contact information below.
*CCG’s Tentative Construction Schedule (subject to change)
Week 1 (Beginning Monday, May 11th):
- Route 47 at Thornewood and E. Oak Valley Rd.
- East to Briarwood Ln.
- Branch off mainline on Oak Valley down Stonecrest
- End at E. Oak Valley and N. Briarwood Ln.
Week 2 (Beginning Monday, May 18th):
- Briarwood Ln north to White Oak Rd
- White Oak Rd and Briarwood Ln north to the end of Briarwood
- White Oak Rd and Briarwood Ln west to Quarry Rd
- White Oak Rd and Quarry Rd north to Reserve Ct
- Quarry Rd and Reserve Ct east to end of Reserve Ct
- Quarry Rd and Reserve Ct north to Ashland Ct
- Quarry Rd and Ashland Ct east to end of Ashland Ct